Privacy Statement (With Health Opt In)
Charleston Financial Advisors, LLC
4 North Atlantic Wharf
Charleston, SC, 29401-2168
Charleston Financial Advisors, LLC, an independent financial planning firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by Charleston Financial Advisors, LLC.
We have never disclosed information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as required by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If we do anticipate such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising you first. As you know, we use health and financial information that you provide to us to help you meet your personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of your rights of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information is listed below.
- We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions in your behalf, or so our firm can discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer).
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, information about transactions between you and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
Permission to share health information with a non-affiliated third party:
State law prohibits Charleston Financial Advisors, LLC, from sharing any of your personal health information with a third party without your permission. You have a right not to permit us to share this information with anyone else. As a financial planning firm, in order for us to discuss your life insurance needs with an insurance company or other insurance professionals, you must check off the box below if you consent to our sharing such information. Please return this privacy statement or e-mail your consent to bill@CharlestonFinancial.net.
Consent granted: ÂŠ Yes ÂŠ No
Printed Name: ________________________