When it comes to personal finances, most of us feel woefully unprepared. Generally, there are no required courses on personal financial management and investing principles in our colleges, law schools and medical universities. When it comes to financial education, most of us are self-taught, usually through expensive trial and error.
Personal Financial Coaching
It is proven that having an accountability partner is a far more powerful way to succeed than going at it alone.
At Charleston Financial Advisors, we have developed a coaching program to help you learn the principles of sound financial management and guide you toward success through the progressive realization of your goals.
The coaching process is designed specifically for you. Typically, we'll identify strategies surrounding these common issues:
- Making the most of your most valuable asset - your ability to earn money
- Tackling debt: student loans, credit cards, etc.
- Understanding your employee benefits plan
- Investing Do's and Don't's
- When and How to Invest
- Buying your first home when the time is right
- Starting a family
Is coaching right for you?
Over the years, we have found we work most effectively with people who share some common characteristics:
- Desire to live a more meaningful life.
- Willingness to make a shift in behavior if it furthers their long term goals
- Desire to be a conscious and prudent consumer
- Commitment to hold up their end of the engagement by delivering financial information and completing necessary tasks in a timely manner.
- Recognition that big goals can be achieved by making small changes consistently over time.
How it works
Coaching is an ongoing process that takes a fair amount of committment on your part. Through a series of working meetings and accountability sessions, we will set goals and review your progress. You should anticipate a meeting schedule of 45 minutes to 1 hour every 8 to 10 weeks. Between meetings, you will have "homework" and it is our job to hold you accountable.
Although there is no long-term contract to sign, we are looking only for those committed to a long-term relationship. Fees are based on the prevailing hourly rates. (see our current Fee Schedule)